[Kde-accessibility] Maintainer

JP Schnapper-Casteras jpsc@stanford.edu
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 22:31:28 -0800

Hi list,
    I'm starting to get really busy with school and the like, and would like
to find a new maintainer / coordinator for the KDE Accessibility Project.
If no one volunteers, I'll of course remain in my current position.  Also,
even if someone volunteers, I would still continue to be involved, perhaps
as "assistant coordinator" or whatever - I still plan to represent KDE
Accessibility interests as I plan and attend events and give presentations,
as always.  In addition, I would remain a liason between other work going on
in larger Linux accessibility community and the KDE Accessibility Project.

I would, however, take a lesser role in the web page, the coordination and
development of project, and packages, and the like.

What does everyone think?  Any takers?

Best regards,

-J "not leaving, just focusing on schoolwork" P :)

Cell: 206-849-9032
Web: http://www.stanford.edu/~jpsc
LARS: http://trace.wisc.edu/linux
FDAWG: http://www.speechinfo.org/fdawg

-----Original Message-----
From: Olaf Jan Schmidt [mailto:olaf@amen-online.de]
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 1:05 AM
To: JP Schnapper-Casteras; kde-accessibility@mail.kde.org
Subject: Re: [Kde-accessibility] Caches content

Hi JP,

> Great.  Yes, doing the program part would be great.

I know KMousetool (already documented), KMag, KMouth, the Speaker
plug-ins, and general KDE accessibility features (sticky keys etc. in
kcontrol, Proklam, hopefully in the future AT-SPI for KDE).

Do you know of any other programs?

I was wondering whether it would be better to split the main page into
several pages, to make access.k.o more compatible with the style of the
other parts of the kde site.
Using the layout of the other KDE pages would probably mean to switch from
html to some content management system I am not (yet) familiar with, so
perhaps it is best to wait till the new, common layout for all kde sites
is ready to use.

Anyway, my idea was to have a short introduction page (Project summary,
Why KDE Accessibility matters) and 5 subsections of access.k.o:

1. Documentation of KDE accessibility features (keyboard features in
kcontrol, using proklam, general FAQ)
2. Accessibility programs for KDE
3. Accessibility reports (program specific, or handicap specific)
4. Development information (accessibility programming HOWTO, concept
papers for AT-SPI in KDE, KSpeech/Proklam documentation)
5. Links to other accessibility sites

Of course we can't do that all at once. I could start with the programs
and the general documentation.
The accessibility reports are best written by people who are themselves
relying on accesibility features.
The development information would be best written by Pupeno and Gunnar.
(Gunnar is planning to write a concept paper for concrete AT-SPI
implementation.)

What do you think?

> I would say let's get the old content back up there

Of course!

> (I have the old logo, attached).

Thanks. I do not have a CVS account yet, so I am attaching a zip of the
html files.

- --
Meine Internetseiten:
http://www.GebetGenerator.de, http://www.amen-online.de