[Kbabel] Problem with "PO" files

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Sat Jul 15 11:37:05 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 27 June 2006 18:32, Rüdiger Jung wrote:
> It is such a nice program, but after a few shutdowns when I was saving the
> file, I would guess its nesesary to say that it can not be used for
> po-files. After that breakdowns, KBabel leaves me with an empty file.

No, KBabel works with PO files. In fact, they are the only files that really
work.

So your problem is probably somewhere else. I would first disable the msgfmt
check after save to see if that is not the problem.

Also you could use
msgfmt --check-header file.po
(where file.po is the file to check) to see if the file that you load has a
correct syntax or not. (Older KBabel version had some problems at load, which
could be only seen at save. Now (KBabel 1.11.2 of KDE 3.5.2 and later) such
bad files are supposed to be rejected at load.)

> Greetings Rüdiger
(...)

Have a nice day!