[Kbabel] Default behaviors (header-wise) in KBabel

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Fri Oct 28 12:35:27 CEST 2005

> [: Daichi Kawahata :]
> So my question is why Kbabel behaves like the above? as I've never
> used KDE, it's hard to figure the problem out, but I smelled there's
> some bad design at giving values to the PO header [...]

KBabel allows a lot of customizations when it comes to updating headers.
This can be found under Project->Configure->Save. When it comes to the
defaults, that is a bit fuzzy question; I guess KBabel's defaults are
naturally in accord with translation policies of KDE.

But, as you can see from the position of settings, together with other
stuff header updates can be defined per project, and that project file can
be saved and loaded. So you might, as a translation coordinator, prescribe
the policy for some fields of the header, and expect your translators to
follow it. Translators should anyway have a specific project file for
translating Xfce, so this is not something that is unreasonable to impose.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)