[Kbabel] Full Gettext support in KBabel

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Thu Oct 20 21:28:28 CEST 2005

On Thursday 20 October 2005 21:23, Chusslove Illich wrote:
> >> [: Chusslove Illich :]
> >> As for error recovery, perhaps it would be a better strategy to use
> >> libgettextpo by default, and try to salvage the file only if
> >> libgettextpo refuses to load it?
> >
> > [: Nicolas Goutte :]
> > Another question is how the code handles bad files. If crashes often,
> > it would be not a good choice.
>
> Perhaps I didn't understand the point about recovering. Looking at
> gettext-po.h, it seems it will report an error, rather than crashing on
> malformed file. Detecting that, KBabel could try to create a temporary
> fixed file and load it through libgettextpo again. And inform the user
> about the possibility of lossage.

Well, I do not know. As far as I understand the code, I have only found out
that *every* file of a project in the catalog manager is passed by msgfmt
(additionally to be loaded!)

So I thought that there was a reason.

But if the current code could handle it well, it would be probably a huge
speed improvement.

Have a nice day!