[Kbabel] Full Gettext support in KBabel

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Thu Oct 20 21:23:00 CEST 2005

>> [: Chusslove Illich :]
>> As for error recovery, perhaps it would be a better strategy to use
>> libgettextpo by default, and try to salvage the file only if
>> libgettextpo refuses to load it?
>
> [: Nicolas Goutte :]
> Another question is how the code handles bad files. If crashes often,
> it would be not a good choice.

Perhaps I didn't understand the point about recovering. Looking at
gettext-po.h, it seems it will report an error, rather than crashing on
malformed file. Detecting that, KBabel could try to create a temporary
fixed file and load it through libgettextpo again. And inform the user
about the possibility of lossage.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)