[Kbabel] Fwd: gettext and contexts

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Thu Oct 20 21:30:58 CEST 2005

>> [: Bruno Haible :]
>> Also I'd like to make a minimal support of this syntax in kbabel.
>> Simply changing the PO file import and export filters, to transform
>>     msgctxt "Help"
>> into
>>     #. Context: Help
>
> [: Nicolas Goutte :]
> I had a similar idea.
>
> There is just the problem that contexts can be quite long (see the one
> of the message for selecting left-to-right or right-to-left). So perhaps
> the hacked context should still be quoted. (A \n cannot appear, as it is
> currently the end of context.)

What's the big problem of simply loading and storing msgctxt in the same
way as anything else (eg. msgid_plural), and writing it back out upon
saving? It is anyway what has to be done at some point, and currently it
would just be invisible to the user (no feature changes).

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)