[Kbabel] my previous post

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Fri Nov 25 09:00:22 CET 2005

On Friday 25 November 2005 08:46, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Friday 25 November 2005 07:45, Yury Tarasievich wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Unfortunately, what I'm experiencing here is related
> > to translation database, not with dot-kde contents. If
> > I'm moving TM away, all works fine. Now, I've come to
> > rely rather heavily on my translation database, and
> > there are some features in kbabel 3.4 I really like.
>
> First I would suggest that you make a copy of the database before trying
> anything.
>
> As for recovering, if we are talking about databases the Berkeley 4 format,
> you could look at documentation about Berkeley database and how to recover
> them.
>
> Also you can look in the Subversion web sites subversion.tigris.org as
> there are too some descriptions about how to recover corrupt SVN databases
> (of course some of the tricks might be Subversion-specific and are not
> available on a non-SVN database.)

As far as I understand
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch05s03.html
you must use db_dumb on the database and then re-create a database with
db_load from the file genereated by db_dumb

db_dumb and db_load are described at:
http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/utility/index.html

Perhaps other documentation at SleepyCat can be useful:
http://dev.sleepycat.com/documentation/bdb.html

(I have only searched qucikly,so perhaps there is something better elsewhere,
especially at SleepyCat: http://www.sleepycat.com )

Please give feedback, especially if you manage to recover the database.

Good luck!

Have a nice day!