[Kbabel] my previous post

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Fri Nov 25 08:46:17 CET 2005

On Friday 25 November 2005 07:45, Yury Tarasievich wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Unfortunately, what I'm experiencing here is related
> to translation database, not with dot-kde contents. If
> I'm moving TM away, all works fine. Now, I've come to
> rely rather heavily on my translation database, and
> there are some features in kbabel 3.4 I really like.

First I would suggest that you make a copy of the database before trying
anything.

As for recovering, if we are talking about databases the Berkeley 4 format,
you could look at documentation about Berkeley database and how to recover
them.

Also you can look in the Subversion web sites subversion.tigris.org as there
are too some descriptions about how to recover corrupt SVN databases (of
course some of the tricks might be Subversion-specific and are not available
on a non-SVN database.)

Sorry, I cannot help much further as I know problems with Berkeley database
only from the Subversion documentation.

> :) Could I at least try something else before
>
> back-stepping to sdk 3.3?

If it is really corrupt, even this might not work.

> -regards

Have a nice day!

(...)