[Kbabel] spell checking problems

Heiko Evermann Heiko.Evermann at gmx.de
Thu Jun 23 15:28:22 CEST 2005

Hi everyone,

I noticed that there are problems with the spell checker. To make sure of
this, I changed my aspell dictionary for Low Saxon to just two words. That
means that almost every word in KBabel should be flagged red.

However, there are exceptions.
1) Words with Umlauts (e.g. "utsöken")are never flagged
2) Words Tags are never flaged, like in "<B>Systeemstandard</B>
3) Words with ampersand are never flagged, like in "&Speel"
4) In "Mehr-Tasten-Bedrief" the first two components are flagged red, but
5) The last word of a sentence is not flagged.
"Bedrief" is not. When I take this message into the spellcheck dialog, the
handling is correct: all 3 parts are presented one after the other.

I am using aspell 0.60.2.

Has anyone else experienced the same problems? Any hints about how to solve
the problem?

At the moment I am looking into the code, but any help would be appreciated.

I think that these limitations are very grave
1) I would like to extend our Low Saxon spellchecker by all the correctly
spelled words that were not included so far.
2) I would like to work through our translation with a spell checker.
Both is severely limited by these bugs.

Kind regards,

Heiko Evermann

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail gratis + 3 Ausgaben stern gratis
++ Jetzt anmelden & testen ++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail ++