[Kbabel] poinfo.cpp cache file corruption?

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky at kde.org
Mon Jun 20 08:10:59 CEST 2005

Dňa Saturday 18 of June 2005 15:30 Nicolas Goutte napísal:
> In kdesdk/kbabel/common/poinfo.cpp, there is a comment about corruption of
> the cache file. What was/is the problem?

There were some crashes here and there. Sometimes, the cache did not get
written correctly, but it was hard to reproduce. I haven't heard about the
problem for some time now.

> (I can imagine that it will not work if two KBabel try to write the same
> file at once but that was perhaps not the problem.)

It might be the case. The cache is used by Catalog Manager and it's not
KUniqueApplication. OTOH I've seen this crash even with a single Catalog
Manager running.

Stano