[Kbabel] Re: KBabel development

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky at kde.org
Thu Jun 2 17:17:59 CEST 2005

Dňa Thursday 02 of June 2005 10:49 Raymond Martin napísal:
> Hi Stano,
>
> Okay, you are interested in adding something like what I am suggesting.
>
> I guess I should get myself arranged on the KBabel project. Sign on as a
> developer, etc? And read docs/source code.

There is no sign-on. KBabel development is done purely in KDE Subversion
repository. See developer.kde.org how to get the sources and SVN access.

> > > By which I mean to add some functionality that is similar to what is in
> > > OmegaT as well as having the choice of TMX as the primary segment
> > > storage and things along that line.
> >
> > This sounds very interesting. One area where KBabel lacks functionality
> > is the translation memory and segmentation in general.
>
> KBabel has a number of important functions that OmegaT lacks even though it
> does have TM and segmentation (although this is stuck at paragraph level
> and there is a push for sentence level and other schemes by users).

KBabel even lacks the segmentation support. Is uses the PO files as a properly
segmented text to translate.

> > How could we cooperate?
>
> Well, you could let me know a little about who does what on the project and
> any important points I might not find on the KBabel site.

The site is definitely for KBabel users. The only guide for developers is the
code. I can point you to the parts of the code - just ask.

> I will get the code, play with that. and start communicating with you (the
> group) about ideas.
Sounds good

> Is there any kind of mailing list for KBabel?

kbabel at kde.org, you can subscribe on mail.kde.org.

Welcome!

Stano