[Kbabel] cvs diff post-processing

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky at kde.org
Fri Jul 8 10:29:08 CEST 2005

Dňa Saturday 02 of July 2005 16:50 Nicolas Goutte napísal:
> While trying to add the support of svn, I have found that the cvs diff
> post-processing is currently unused.
>
> So I would like to ask if it is a feature that was never finished or if it
> was a feature that was abandonned.

I think it was never finished and it looks like users are not very eager to
see it improved so far ;-)

> As anyway I would need to treat the output of "svn status", I do not really
> mind in which direction the answer is, the only question if I have to do
> it in short-term or only in middle term (which I would prefer).
>
> The processing of the output of "svn status" will be needed, as the code
> parsing the .svn/entries file directly seems risky in term of compatibility
> to the svn client. (Subversion's bare documentation about it and the
> Subversion's code handling it seem already to contradict, so future detail
> change of the file format must probably be expected.)

You are right. The parsing of CVS contents was done, because that was the only
way to get the status even off-line. That's easy with Subversion.

Stano