[Kbabel] Google Summer of Code: Implement support for OASIS XLIFF 1.1 in KBabel

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Fri Jul 1 17:28:21 CEST 2005

On Thursday 30 June 2005 20:23, Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
> Dňa St 29. Jún 2005 17:06 Asgeir Frimannsson napísal:
> > On 6/29/05, Stanislav Visnovsky <visnovsky at kde.org> wrote:
> > > Dňa Wednesday 29 of June 2005 02:10 Asgeir Frimannsson napísal:

> > > Basically, QTextEdit API has changed completely again. That will be the
> > > biggest problem.
> > >
> > > IMO we should create a branch for KBabel for Qt4. I would like to help
> > > you with porting.
> >
> > Sounds good! So maybe we can do something like:
> >
> > 1) We create a kbabel4 branch under /branches/work/ (or import it into
> > /branches/work/kde4/kdesdk/kbabel?) - I'll leave this to you...
>
> IMO we should move to /branches/work/kde4/kdesdk/kbabel, where it belongs.
> Could you do that? I'm not sure, maybe whole kdesdk should be imported
> there first.

I have just noticed that branches/work/kde4 has a merging script. So if we are
starting to modify on branches/work/kde4/kdesdk/kbabel, it will menas that
kdesdk cannot be merged by this script. So perhaps the main development
should be in another branch (after KBabel has been converted roughly to Qt4).

> > 2) After the initial port, I create a kbabel4-xliff branch under
> > /branches/work - and do the main part of my project here

So I suppose that this option should be chosen.

Have a nice day!