[Kbabel] FOSS-Links updated

Martin Wunderlich martin_wu at gmx.net
Fri Dec 2 15:04:19 CET 2005

Dear all,

I have updated the free/open-source link list (FOSS-Links) with more
useful resources for translation and localisation (see
www.martinwunderlich.com/foss-links.htm). I'd like to apologise in
advance, if you receive this message more than once.

The new additions are as follows:

Tools and utilities:
- GNU Gettext (thanks to Bruno Haible)
- File2XLIFF4j
- ForeignDesk (thanks to Dierk Seeburg)
- XLIFF tools project
- Universal Translation Tools

Standards:
- ITS (Internationalisation Tag Set)

Information sources:
- Tim Foster's blog

I have also included a category "Freeware" now. I am aware that this
does not comply with the strict open-source defintion. However, these
are useful tools available for free and people might find them helpful.
The additions in this category are:

- MaxPrograms suite
- ApSIC tools (thanks to Josep Condal)
- TripleSpin LocFactory

Another addition is a feature whereby you can sign up to be informed of
any future updates, which also means that this message will be the last
of its kind, i.e. distributed to the all mailing lists.

As always, please let me know, if there are any other relevant links
that should be included or if you find any mistakes or faults. Thank you
very much.

All the best,

Martin

Martin Wunderlich, M.A.