[Kbabel] browsing translation database

Janusz S. Bień jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Thu Oct 28 06:28:43 CEST 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004  Stanislav Visnovsky <visnovsky at kde.org> wrote:

> Dňa Sobota 23 Október 2004 08:35 Janusz S. Bień napísal:

[...]

> > I am not a translator, but I am familiar with several commercial
> > Computer Aided Translation systems and all of them allow to browse the
> > dictionary. I think that for a translator which is about to start
> > using a dictionary it is really useful to have a look at its content,
> > at least to satisfy the natural curiosity.
>
> Hmm, I have to implement it then :(

I begin to suspect that kBabel dictionaries are not dictionaries at
all :-). A novice user like me would be less confused if the menu item
was called e.g. "Consultation" instead of "Dictionaries".

[...]

> The problem is the MIME type of the remote PO file is not recognized as PO, so
> no plugin is found. That's why downloading first and using the local copy
> should work better.
>
> > Then I donloaded the file `slownik.po' and set "Path to Compendium
> > File" to it using "Open file dialog". I got no reaction to "Apply" and
> > later to "Find Text" -> "PO Compendium".
> >
> > Moerover, I get now no reaction even when I set "Path to Compendium
> > File" to the URLs given above.

I realized now that it works, but I was expecting some immediate
confirmation (e.g. a number of message available or something
similar).

Best regards

Janusz

--
                     ,
dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)