[Kbabel] browsing translation database

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky at kde.org
Fri Oct 22 11:04:45 CEST 2004

Hi!

Dňa Utorok 19 Október 2004 23:22 Janusz S. Bień napísal:
> This is a naive novice question.
>
> I've just started experimenting with KBabel 1.3.1 with Translation
> Database 0.3 on Debian sarge.
>
> I've called kbabeldict and used "Scan Single PO File". "Entries added"
> showed some number, but "Statistics" is inactive.  The directory
> /home/jsbien/.kde/share/apps/kbabeldict/dbsearchengine contains some
> non-empty files.
>
> However, with the search panel I am unable to find any word occuring
> in the scanned file. Moreover, in KBabel the menu item "Dictionary
> edit" is empty.

This is generic and no KBabelDict module provides possibility to edit the
dictionary - that's why the menu is empty.

> What am I doing wrong? is it possible to browse the dictionary entry
> by entry?

Unfortunatelly not, because ATM it would be a debugging option only. There is
no real use case AFAICS. Or do you have one except for a debugging the
database?

Did you try to search in KBabelDict for some texts you are sure were in the
scanned file?

Stano