[Kbabel] browsing translation database

Janusz S. Bień jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Mon Nov 8 06:06:28 CET 2004

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004  Stanislav Visnovsky <visnovsky at kde.org> wrote:

> Dňa Štvrtok 28 Október 2004 06:28 Janusz S. Bień napísal:

[...]

> > I begin to suspect that kBabel dictionaries are not dictionaries at
> > all :-). A novice user like me would be less confused if the menu item
> > was called e.g. "Consultation" instead of "Dictionaries".
>
> Why?

What I mean by `dictionary' is sometimes called `glossary'. It is
available e.g. in OmegaT

        http://www.omegat.org/omegat/omegat.html

In particular its manual says

        Glossaries created using Trados Multiterm's text export
        function can be used as OmegaT glossaries without further
        modification, provided they are given the file extension *.tab
        and the source and target term fields are the first two fields
        respectively.

I don't claim that kBabel really needs this functionality, I just
think that the present terminology might be confusing.

Best regards

Janusz

--
                     ,
dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)