[Kbabel] About rough translations

Bernd Groh bgroh at redhat.com
Fri May 30 10:26:40 CEST 2003

Hi Stanislav!

>You use "translate single words", right?

I guess, it more sounds like "allow to translate single words".

>Next, what's the KBabel version?

KBabel 1.0 (KDE 3.1-10 Red Hat).
I'm running all the defaults of the Red Hat 9 installation, which means
I am using GNOME too.

>Do you expect that if the word is not possible to translate, the original one
>should be copied instead? This is not intended behavior (maybe it should be,
>though).

Yes, I guess I'd have expected that. If it's not expected behaviour,
maybe an option would be useful ([ ] use english word if no translation
is found). We mainly want to use a compendium to ensure the consistency
of technical terms throughout our translations. Words like 'to' and
'the' would never be included in any compendium. We simply want the
english text, in which the terms that appear in the compendium are
translated already, so that there is no need to think about certain
terms and we do not risk becoming inconsistent when using these.

Thanks,
Bernd