[Kbabel] create Po file from html

Stephan Kulow coolo@kde.org
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:18:14 +0100

On Tuesday 25 March 2003 04:33, Fabrice Mous wrote:
> Op maandag 24 maart 2003 01:57, schreef Dwayne Bailey:
> > > IIRC newer versions of PHP support translation using gettext (if you use
> > > PHP of course :-).
> >
> > This is usefull once again for applications.  Not so usefull for a
> > webpage that you just want to markup and extract strings from.  Imagine
> > all those gettext calls!
>
> What about a toolchain like:
>
> xml -> po -> xml -> xhtml
>
> that should be possible with poxml ..

poxml is bound to the docbook DTD. So you would need a script that
replaces HTML tags with docbook tags and one the other way around.
I'm not really sure if it's worth it. For easy documents this might easily
work out (but those would have been better written in docbook from
the start :), but for complex documents I see about no chance.

Greetings, Stephan