[Kbabel] Word wrapping and cursor position tracing in the input boxes

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky@nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 08:40:20 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, Daniel Pisano wrote:

> Ahoy,
>
> I am currently using KBabel for translating a user's manual for a Linux
> distro with chapters and paragraphs (and lots of markup since the
> original document form was/is in TeX).
>
> Whenever I write my translation in the lower input box (or add a comment
> in the comment box), the view does not follow the cursor when it moves
> past the right edge of the box. And since the line is not automatically
> wrapped to the next line, either, I either have to type Return manually
> or have to type blindly or have to adjust the view with the lower scrollbar.
>
> This is highly annoying, since the workflow is severely disturbed.

Yeah, I've noticed that in HEAD. But does it happen in BRANCH too? Or do
you use a released verions, like 1.0 (coming with KDE 3.1)?

> Could automatic line-wrapping (and/or cursor tracking) be included as an
> option to the input boxes, please? thank you.

I'm not sure what do you mean by "cursor tracking". As to word-wrap, there
are some implementation problems, that's why it is not implemented yet :-(

Stanislav