[Kbabel] Profile Manager

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky at kde.org
Tue Jun 24 13:51:01 CEST 2003

Dňa Po 23. Jún 2003 09:09 Marco Wegner napísal:
> > > Any special features you would like? Opinions?
> >
> > A list of stuff to be part of a project should be created first. Pieces
> > are in http://lxr.kde.org/source//kdesdk/kbabel/TODO.
>
> I think the stuff in the TODO file is a very good starting point. Settings
> related to GUI should be left out. At least for the moment.
>
> > Question is, if KBabel should be able to open PO files in multiple
> > projects at the same time. In other words, should it follow KDevelop
> > interface for handling projects, or should it keep its single document
> > view design?
>
> Perhaps we should poll the translators for this? Personally I don't think
> it's necessary to have files from different profiles open at the same time
> (I rarely have more than one KBabel window open). But's that's just my
> point of view. Other translators could feel completely different about
> this.

I was waiting for some input on this list, but nothing appeared :-(

So I would go for KISS approach - put a project identification into a window
and keep SDI for now. I'm almost sure somebody will raise the question of
project-oriented interface later :-)))

I typically use 1-3 open files at the same time, mostly for cut/paste and
review + catalog manager.

Stanislav