[Kbabel] Profile Manager

Marco Wegner mail at marcowegner.de
Mon Jun 23 10:09:29 CEST 2003

Am Monday 23 June 2003 08:15 schrieb Stanislav Visnovsky:
> Hi Marco!

Hi Stanislav!

> Dňa Ne 22. Jún 2003 12:46 Marco Wegner napísal:
> > I think it's more or less going to be a GUI extension to the currently
> > available --profile switch. So the translators don't have to play with
> > the different config files, instead let KBabel handle this for them. (But
> > not yet completely sure about this. Will have to do some more thinking.)
>
> Technically, KMail has a nice code for handling identities. Maybe we can
> reuse some bits (I like the backend stuff for identities).

Yes.

> > Any special features you would like? Opinions?
>
> A list of stuff to be part of a project should be created first. Pieces are
> in http://lxr.kde.org/source//kdesdk/kbabel/TODO.

I think the stuff in the TODO file is a very good starting point. Settings
related to GUI should be left out. At least for the moment.

> Question is, if KBabel should be able to open PO files in multiple projects
> at the same time. In other words, should it follow KDevelop interface for
> handling projects, or should it keep its single document view design?

Perhaps we should poll the translators for this? Personally I don't think it's
necessary to have files from different profiles open at the same time (I
rarely have more than one KBabel window open). But's that's just my point of
view. Other translators could feel completely different about this.

Marco