[Kbabel] File commands

Dwayne Bailey dwayne@obsidian.co.za
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:55:30 +0200

One of my bug reports involved:

1) Generate a compendium
2) Fix compendium
3) UPdate exisiting translatios from the compendium

I used a directory command to create compendium.po so task one is easily
achieved.

I then created quite a long script to achieve 3).  This works but has
some features hardcoded such as the input compendium.po

I was wondering if a better approcah might be to allow Rough Translation
to use a specified compendium.po file.  I know you can setup a file like
that now.  The problem is that I will have multipe files some of which
are refernce translations while some are just a quick bug check.

Would the above suggestion with rough translations be easy to implement
or should I stick to my script?

--
Kind regards
Dwayne Bailey

Obsidian Systems
dwayne@obsidian.co.za     +27-21-448 9265 / 7827 (work)
+27-21-448 9574 (fax)     +27-83-443 7114 (cell)

"An English-only, or even an English-mainly, policy necessarily condemns
most people, and thus the country as a whole, to a permanent state of
mediocrity, since people are unable to be spontaneous, creative and
self-confident if they cannot use their first language"
          Dr Neville Alexander - 'Where English can Serve but not Empower.'