[Kbabel] Re: Kbable errors

Dwayne Bailey dwayne@obsidian.co.za
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 14:53:30 +0200

>>In an ideal the POT files should have a contact email for bug reports.
>>Then you could right click and report and error on a specific string and
>>it gets sent to the correct person/list.
>
> Don't know how to support this system-wide. A natural solution would be to
> enhance PO file header, but xgettext should provide an option for setting
> this. Maybe to report as a wish for GNU gettext?

Have sent a bug report to gettext.  I suggested a URL which would allow
for reports to bugs.kde.org or a mailto: url.

> What about a button "Report string as bug", which should invoke the
> default mailer with the body of the message set to the
> comment/msgid/msgstr triple. You would only need to fill in the address
> (maybe there can be a pre-fill option)

RMB on msgid/msgstr

The prefill can be set to the KDE doc reviewers mailing list.  I think
people like Malcolm Hunter to source code updates of errors.

--
Kind regards
Dwayne Bailey

Obsidian Systems
dwayne@obsidian.co.za     +27-21-448 9265 / 7827 (work)
+27-21-448 9574 (fax)     +27-83-443 7114 (cell)

"An English-only, or even an English-mainly, policy necessarily condemns
most people, and thus the country as a whole, to a permanent state of
mediocrity, since people are unable to be spontaneous, creative and
self-confident if they cannot use their first language"
          Dr Neville Alexander - 'Where English can Serve but not Empower.'