[Kbabel] Re: Kbable errors

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky@nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 17:31:03 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Dwayne Bailey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Got Kbable 1.2 compiled - very impressive.  Love the error check and CVS
> integration.

Thank you!

> I've encountered a few errors and will feed them through to you.  Not
> sure what to do about the errors related to CVS.

You can fill bugs in bugzilla as always, or send them to the KBabel
mailing list kbabel@mail.kde.org. The mailing list a better option than to
send them to me directly, since all the developers of KBabel are on the
mailing list (for example Marco Wegner did the CVS support and Stefan
Asserhall is the author of Catalog Manager caching).

> The following produced an XML error:
>
> msgid "\nReport bugs to <bug-gnu-utils@gnu.org>.\n"

Yes, since it is not a correct XML :-). I've turned on XML testing for any
file and some of the tags in files are not real tags, so the error is not
in fact an error :-(. Not sure how to handle this.

It's similar to a situation, where the PO file contains a construction
like "Hu=Hugarian" and it should be translated as "Sk=Slovensky". This
will trigger an equation error, but it is not in fact.

> It seems that plural entries are being incorrectly flagged as having
> errors in the number of %N variables.

It's possible. Again, not exacly defined correctness or a bug. Please,
send me the file.

> Some of the errors found had an out by one message number in the
> validation dialogue.

Again, any example to reproduce?

> Some messages had a message number of -1.  In one instance this was
> because their was no po file but a vlid pot file.  It occured on
> artsmodule.po in kdemultimedia.

Hmmm, surely a bug.

> It would be nice if their was an option to mark strings as fuzzy when
> they are picked up as errors.  At the moment a refresh or another
> validation check makes the marked errors disappear.

Yes, it disapears, it's a feature. Toggling to fuzzy like the
check_po_files script does is probably a good feature.

> CVS
>
> Auto Add to CVS  doesn't seem to work
>
> Catalog manager should not show the CVS column if the entries are not in
> CVS - its wastes space on my inteface
>
> Make the commit button go inactive and the message input area go
> inactive when the commit is taking place to indicate activty.  Reenable
> when finished.

Marco, could you comment on these?

> Caching
>
> Is this really working?  A restart of the catalog manager still starts
> calculating from the beginning.  I thought caching meant that the stats
> were kept in a summary file ans slowly rechecked based on timestamps etc
> as the user continues using kbabel.

Works for me. Does it create a cache file in $KDEHOME/share/apps/kbabel ?

Thanks for reports!

Best regards

Stanislav