[Kbabel] Catalog manager feature

Andrea Rizzi rizzi@kde.org
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 00:08:34 +0100

Alle 09:45, marted=EC 11 febbraio 2003, Stanislav Visnovsky ha scritto:
> In short, is a marker the right tool for project management?
No, it isn't

> Hmmm. I'm not really sure if Catalog Manager is ready for project
> management yet. We surely need a client/server architecture + a design
> proposal, something I hope FreeCATS could provide.
I think the project management is quite easy to implement and we do not nee=
d=20
to wait other external big projects...
> Anyway, the refrain seems pretty obvious: projects.
=2E.that are only projects...

We already have something to learn from (the web php+sql framework). I know=
=20
the problem that arise from that framework and its limits so I can do bette=
r=20
in catalogmanager.
The only things  we  really need to know is what the various teams need..I=
=20
only know the needs for italian team...just a non obvious example is that w=
e=20
need at least two different maintainer: one for translation and the other f=
or=20
revision...but other teams are organized in different way.

I can try to write down a list of feature we may need in our project manager
and then ask on kde-i18n-doc for other ideas/features...

I'll try to be not too much KDE-centric but for sure I'll start implementin=
g=20
things needed by kde-translator.

Is this ok for you?
Bye
Andrea
P.S.
I think we should speed up the catalog manager, the old=20
ktranslator-catalogmanager was 10time faster on my old PII-233...
We should delay slow action on catalog entries and perform at startup only=
=20
msg statistics.