[Kbabel] Catalog manager feature

Andrea Rizzi rizzi@kde.org
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:20:51 +0100

Alle 10:55, luned=EC 10 febbraio 2003, Stanislav Visnovsky ha scritto:
> Hi!
>
> On Sun, 9 Feb 2003, Andrea Rizzi wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I think it would be nice to implement inside the catalog manager a
> > framework to assign a package to a translator (inside each team) using a
> > remote server. We (italian team) have a framework like that on
> > http://kde.gulp.linux.it but I think it would be better to do it inside
> > the catalogmanager...
>
> Yes, it seems like a good idea. However, how should such a system work?
> Should we support some of already available options?=20

Now it is quite stupid, it is based on SQL+PHP and each time you ask someth=
ing=20
the php script store in the SQL database a string containing the SQL query=
=20
that perform the required action and the name of who can execute that=20
string... then the guy you are asking to will receive an email that say=20
"check you requests on http://bla bla", he go there and execute (or not :-)=
)=20
the queries for each action requested.

I think this is not the way to go. Something more flexible is needed.
The problem is that permission are based on specific actions on specific en=
try=20
of the database (e.g. the maintainer of a file can give it to another but=20
this action is authorized only on his files) so we cannot use mysql=20
permission system.

>Are there any
> besides custom, one-time implementations?
Maybe...but I really do not know...

It would be nice also to change the "Markers" mechanism in kbabel so that=20
instead of a single type of marker one can put custom markers, right now th=
e=20
framework I put on kde.gulp.linux.it is able to create your "file.marklist"=
=20
to load with the catalog manager but it would be better to export the whole=
=20
assignment (i.e. not only my files but each translator file).

Bye
Andrea