[Kbabel] Option to load file in running version?

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky@nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 18:27:47 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Bernd Groh wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> sorry for being extremely inactive so far, but we had simply way too
> much to do here. :-(

:-)

> I've written a couple of scripts though -- in perl -- that do po-related
> things and call kbabel when necessary. I've written a script for example
> that runs through all the files and opens kbabel, starting with the
> first untranslated or fuzzy entry when necessary, and then auto-commits
> your processed file, once your done with it (of course, it does an
> update before). This saves you from having to look up the status page
> and open the changed files manually. However, this would work nicer, if
> you could actually load a new file into a running version of kbabel,
> rather than having to open a new one. Are there any plans to enable such
> option? Or is there some opposition to this?

Just start "kbabel <filename>". By means of KDE internals, KBabel is
KUniqueApplication meaning, that only a single process runs at the time.

Another option is to use "dcop kbabel kbabelIface ..." command. This way
you can even open a new window for the file. Just try to start kdcop to
see the methods available.

Stanislav