[Kbabel] KBabel after 1.0 (Roadmap)

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky@nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:52:10 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Andrea Rizzi wrote:

> > Of course, the feature list can (and probably will) be extended.
> >
> > Please comment.
>
> There are a lot of things that I planned for the next version of
> dbsearchengine but I think they would be usefull for all  the dictionaries.
>
> There many ways to guess the right translation from older one.
>
> Examples:
> we can guess the translation of a single word looking at the correlation
> between a english word and the translated word. This is quite easy using
> the word indexes and upgrading the correlation every time we add an entry to
> the database.
> This will improve a lot the consistency of the translation and allow us to put
> warnings if a word is translated in an unconsistent way.

Yes, you are right. The database engines really need a quality common
library for evaluation of translations (for example strong fuzzy
translation support). However, I could not even estimate how long would it
take to do it right (TM).

This is probably a longer term goal. Altough, I planned to merge the
code at least to create an embryonic library, which can be refined and
extended later (not sooner than in 1.2 though).

Best regards

Stanislav