[Kalzium] Porting kalzium to external Avogadro

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus at cryos.org
Fri May 21 12:25:42 CEST 2010

On Thursday 20 May 2010 15:34:04 Rebetez Etienne wrote:
> Hi
> Don't know if this is the right place to ask but it might be related:
> I just wanted to try out kalzium from trunk with the external avogadro and
> got a linking error.
>
> Avogadro compiled (without python) and works.
> It is instaled in: /usr/bin/avogadro
>
> kde has also the instaldir /usr (kalzium from trunk works as well without
> avogadro)
>
> I am still new to "compiling from source" and linking errors were never my
> favorite... (don't know where to look for errors)
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>

> after "make"
> Linking CXX executable kalzium
> CMakeFiles/kalzium.dir/tools/moleculeview.o: In function
> `MoleculeDialog::elementCombo()':
> /home/etienne/Data/Programming/kdeedu/kalzium/src/tools/moleculeview.cpp:26
> 5: undefined reference to `Avogadro::ElementTranslator::name(int)'

What version of Avogadro do you have installed? That symbol should be present,
is it possible you have multiple versions of Avogadro installed on your system
too? I will try building against Avogadro master on the weekend, but you
should be building against 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 (or the 1.0 branch). That said I
expect master to work, and if it does not that would be a regression.

Thanks,

Marcus