[Kalzium] About Molecular Viewer

Leandro Boscariol leandroboscariol at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 21:54:10 CEST 2008

Hi!

I'm new at this list and I would like to ask a question, if you don't mind.

But before that, just want congratulate for the good job, its really nice!

Well, how do you draw the atoms of the molecule loaded by the Molecular
Viewer? Its just using the pre known coordinates that are in the file
loaded?

I'm thinking about it and sound me a bit obvious that you don't calculate
it.

So, I'm asking this because I'm working on a project for conclude my
graduation in Computer Science at University where I'll have to draw the
molecule and calculate the energy's minimum for the bonds, angle bending,
torsions and non-bonded interactions.

My point is, what's the way that the rotation and translation are done if
there is some using OpenGL and, also about the transformations, its used a
global or a local coordinate system?

Well, thanks for your attention and keep doing the good work.

--
Leandro A. Boscariol
Bacharelando em Ciência da Computação