[Kalzium] kalzium icon proposal

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus at cryos.org
Sun May 27 21:31:38 CEST 2007

On Sunday 27 May 2007 20:23:35 Alexandr Goncearenco wrote:
> On Sunday 27 May 2007, noemie scherer wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Here are three icon proposals for kalzium :
> >  C  : a diamond
> > Hg : a thermometer
>
> that's a bit strange to me to see a mercury thermometer with a red liquid.
> Red colored thermometers are typically alcohol-based.
> You even colored the reservoir in shiny silver, but the tube has red liquid

I was just about to say the same thing - red liquid is usually alcohol and it
made me think of an alcohol based thermometer. Would be great if you could
alter it to use the same shiny silver as the reservoir.

> > Pb : a bullet (this one was not in the idea list)
>
> let's make peace, not bullets!
> I can imagine a lead-acid battery, but this seams to be taken by Sb and Li.
> But the best could be a fishing-rod with a lead sinker. That's why it is
> called plummet/plomb/plombino/plomo (Pb).

I really like the bullet and I think rightly or wrongly a lot of people think
of bullets when they think of lead - I'll pump you full of lead! I suppose it
will change to armour piercing depleted uranium soon... The technology moves
on ;-)

Love the work and welcome :)

Marcus