[Kalzium] Kalzium atom labels

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus at cryos.org
Mon May 21 18:12:15 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have updated the avogadro label engine to be configurable using the avogadro
system. I chatted with Donald briefly on IRC and he was saying we could add
that widget to the kalzium display. I got halfway through doing that before I
realised it would break the gridlayout and stopped myself.

I think what we have now works pretty well but it will probably have to change
in future. Ideally kalzium would reuse libavogadro's configuration widgets
but we could always reimplement some of this stuff if necessary. Part of it
is presenting a consistent ui. Is there an easy way to pass a widget to the
engine and say - this is your combo box for label type?

I also wasn't sure about adding a spacer below the two goup boxes to keep them
at the top as the window expands. This could be quite a subjective thing but
I would prefer them to remain more static.

Just some random thoughts on labels and the interface but I think we are in
good shape with the port.

Thanks,

Marcus