[Kalzium] crash because kalzium still links to libavogadro.so !!

Benoît Jacob jacob at math.jussieu.fr
Mon May 21 12:14:33 CEST 2007

On Monday 21 May 2007 12:06:39 Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
> I stopped using any of the environment variables and so I missed that. I
> thought the environment variable stuff had all been removed from the
> kalzium snapshot of libavogadro though. I knew I had installed everything
> in lib/avogadro-kalzium/ and then made sure the tools loaded from there
> which is why I couldn't see how you were getting that.

no problem :)

> We do need to look at both avogadro and kalzium at some point though - they
> shouldn't hard code in lib. Strictly 64 bit systems can just have lib64 for
> the 64 bit libs and lib is a separate directory for 32 bit libs and
> architecture neutral libs/files. So we should look in the installed lib dir
> for engines/tools etc.

That's very interesting; I'd say feel free to make all the changes that you
feel are useful/necessary in this respect. I feel totally incompetent here; I
guess that as a gentoo x86-64 developed, you know much better than me what to
do here :)

That applies both to avogadro-trunk and to avogadro-kalzium :)

Benoit