[Kalzium] [Icons] Update on the current situation

Benoît Jacob jacob at math.jussieu.fr
Sun Jun 17 12:17:59 CEST 2007

Thanks Carsten for the e-mail!

On Sunday 17 June 2007 11:16:42 Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> a) The Qt-issue: The rendering of certain SVG-feature will *NOT* be fixed
> in Qt 4.3 but perhaps in 4.4. This means that the Hg-icon (80.svg) needs to
> be fixed until TrollTech implement are better SVG-parser.

OK; Noémie might find it difficult to test it if she doesn't have a KDE4
environment. It's more like you or me or another person with a KDE4
environment should do it. Anyway, there's no hurry at all. This can be done
even after the feature freeze.

> b) I think 4.svg has issues with the metal things? Not sure if that effect
> is intendet but it looks like a gradient Qt 4.3 is misrendering (I am
> talking about the round metal things that make the sound... I don't even
> know the german word... :)

It's not a rendering bug: I opened it in Inkscape and it looks the same.

> c) the icon for Zn (30.svg) is "to golden"... it is very hard to recoqnize
> on my LCD panel. Also, the letters "Zn" do not render here

I agree about these problems. In inkscape it renders fine, so it's a Qt issue.

I don't test every other icon you mention, I just suggest you install
inkscape.

Cheers,
Benoit