[Kalzium] [Icons] Update on the current situation

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Sun Jun 17 11:16:42 CEST 2007

Moin moin

I fixed some bugs yesterday and finally all icons are in place. I want to give
you a small update about the current icon-situation:

a) The Qt-issue: The rendering of certain SVG-feature will *NOT* be fixed in
Qt 4.3 but perhaps in 4.4. This means that the Hg-icon (80.svg) needs to be
fixed until TrollTech implement are better SVG-parser.

b) I think 4.svg has issues with the metal things? Not sure if that effect is
intendet but it looks like a gradient Qt 4.3 is misrendering (I am talking
about the round metal things that make the sound... I don't even know the
german word... :)

c) the icon for Zn (30.svg) is "to golden"... it is very hard to recoqnize on
my LCD panel. Also, the letters "Zn" do not render here

d) 18.svg (Ar), 34.svg (Se), 35.svg (br), 49.svg (In) and 55.svg (Cs) have no
letters.

e) 48.svg (In) and 55.svg (Cs) look not very professional

f) 112-116 have no icons (all radioactive, should be easy)

g) Many icons are missing :)

Ok, that is already a quite long todo-list. We (well, I cannot help here) have
about 3 month to fix these issues and draw the missing icons. In order to
gave you a list of the most important missing icons:

Go to View->Tables and select the Short Periodic Table. You will see the table
like in the attached screenshot. Those missing icons (Ne, Kr, Rb, Sr, I) are
the most important in my opinion.
After those I think Ni, Cu, Pd, Pt are the most imporant.

This mail is not meant to sound negative, the oposite is true. I really *love*
many of the icons!! You are doing a great job!

Carsten