[Kalzium] Iconsets. Icons I'm working on

Jarle Akselsen jarlrich at online.no
Sun Jul 1 15:39:09 CEST 2007

Hello

This is only a notice on witch icon I'm currently working on, trying to
prevent duplicate effort by the other artist. I'm looking after the next
to start soon, so Scherer; maybe you can send a list on what you are
working on too? :-)

Icons mostly done but not finished yet:
-P (guitar strings)
-Sr (CRT- TV)
-I (antiseptics)
-Sc (Xerox-machine)
-In (LCD-screen on camcorder)
-Mn (digger-machine)
-Ce (oven)

Started working on:
-Pd (car exhaust).

I started work on some of these several month ago (I, Sc, In and P) and
some recently (Mn, Ce and Pd).

use a 3 step "system" to create icons:
1. choosing/planning what to draw, usually locate and take photos of
object
2. start drawing, constructing all the pieces
3. colorize, make the light/shadow and corrections

Each step take about equal amount of time. But between step 1 and 2
there may go some time (weeks), and between step 2 and 3; I let it
intentional go long time so I can see it with "new" eyes for the final
step.

Since I'm not working on one icon at a time but in bulks; it seem to
take long from start to finish (months).

Jarle