[Kalzium] Molecular Viewer Bug

Benoit Jacob jacob at math.jussieu.fr
Fri Aug 24 20:08:29 CEST 2007

Hi Johannes,

welcome to Kalzium and Avogadro development! I've been on vacation this
week, just back. I hope you already met the others on IRC. If you're
looking for a job in the 3D-part of Kalzium, then you're really more
interested in contributing in (lib)Avogadro than in kalzium. Anyway the
two teams overlap very much, so you'll see the same people in both
projects.

I had a look at your screenshot, it's indeed a bug, and AFAICR we never
saw it before.

Things to try:
1) in Kalzium, change the Style and Quality. Does it affect the bug?
2) load the same molecule file in Avogadro (the app). Does it work (you
seem to say so but please just confirm) or can you see the bug there too?
If it works in Avogadro, you can be assured that it will work in Kalzium
4.1 automatically as it will use libavogadro directly.
3) disable all kind of 3D acceleration, to test whether it's a driver
issue. One way to do that is to edit your xorg.conf
to use the "vesa" driver. Another way, if you're using
Debian/Ubuntu/Kubuntu, is to install the libmesa-swx11 package, which will
install a software-only implementation of OpenGL.

Can you also tell us:
- OS/ distribution
- graphics hardware
- driver used (grep Driver /etc/X11/xorg.conf)

Thanks,
Benoit