[Kalzium] Interested in Kalzium Development

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Mon Aug 20 16:41:06 CEST 2007

Am Montag, 20. August 2007 16:12:59 schrieb Johannes Simon:
> I'm Johannes Simon, and in today's KDE commit-digest, I read you guys
> need help porting features from the KDE 3 version of Kalzium and/or
> adding new ones.

Indeed we do :)

> I just wondered if this is a good thing to start KDE
> development with, as I have basic understanding of Qt 4, but (almost) no
> experience with developing KDE applications.

Sure, Kalzium is a quite good "starting to learn KDE coding" application as we
have everything from difficult to very basic tasks, from parsing XML to
drawing nice graphics.

You could now get Kalzium for KDE4 and play with it. Perhaps you see things
you'd like to improve. I could also tell you what you could do, I have many
ideas ranging from easy to difficult and from "takes long" to "done in 1
hour".

Carsten