[Kalzium] Cartoon illustrations for Kalzium

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Fri Jan 6 19:25:57 CET 2006

Am Freitag, 6. Januar 2006 18:52 schrieb Marc Carson:
> > About the cartoons in the PDF: I don't want a copy of them because of
> > the copyright. I like that comic-style, that is all. I linked to it
> > because I wanted to make sure the readers get an idea of what I have in
> > mind.
>
> So it sounds like you would like to use different example objects from
> those they have, but you'd want them illustrated in the same style. Does
> that sound about right?

Perfect world situation: Kalzium will have 5 different "themes". All themes
show different graphics but are coherent.
Real world situation: 5 artists create one theme together for KDE4. The icons
have different styles.

Of course PWS is cool, but RWS is also ok :) We can always improve when times
comes.

> > As for keywords I want to be connected to the elements: No, there are
> > probably a dozen possibilies to display carbon. So if you have a better
> > idea, go for it!
>
> OK, you will probably have a wider range of ideas than I will, just
> because I don't have the deep chemistry background. I gather it'd be best
> to settle on a list of example objects before striking out on the graphics
>   front.

Well, you have the PDF, that should give you quite a hint. Also, you can
always ask me or www.webelements.com. On that page you'll find many
information about the elements!

> > If you really want to make a start I will also send you a scan of a
> > paper-table I have here with other symbols.
>
> Sure, sounds good. I'd like to look at it.

I will send the file as png to you in private mail. Will have >1mb.

Carsten