[Kalzium] Standalone release on Monday, Sep 26th?

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Fri Sep 16 12:52:21 CEST 2005

On Friday 16 September 2005 12:22, Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> What about a standalone release on monday, Sep 26th? The release would be
> feature-identical to what will be in KDE 3.5.
>
> [...]
>
> What do you think about the date and idea?

I hate giving negative replies, but it's only an idea and could be easily
dropped.
I'm not in favour of this new standalone release, because we already did a
stanalone relase (you could say "and so? why don't try to get more
feedback?"), but imho a standalone release in this period, so close to the
release, could confuse the user that will install via apt/ebuild/rpm/whatever
after a month the whole kdeedu 3.5 ("which is better?!?!").
Whithout taking into account that we should have until 10th-15th of october to
fix bugs in the 3.5 branch, while the standalone release would have those
bugs.

my 2 €cents,

--
Pino Toscano