[Kalzium] Separating the rare earths' block from the main element's block in Kalzium

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Thu Jul 14 23:51:37 CEST 2005

On Thursday, 14. July 2005 21:46, Eloy Cuadra wrote:
Hi Eloy

> Personally, I'm a little displeased about the way Kalzium renders the PTE
> because it gives a false idea of continuity between the main block and the
> rare earth's block. Almost in every PTE I've seen, Lanthanides and
> Actinides are physically separated from the main table.

Yes, I thought this change would have been much harder. So I never tried it.
Thanks for proofing me wrong :)
There is one minor bug: If you click in the gap between the rare earth and the
regular table the infodialog opens. Of course the in the gap nothing should
happen. Could you have a look at that problem? I will be offline for two days
so I cannot really look into it.

> Do you think this is useful?

Very much, yes :)

> And talking about rare earths, don't you think that "rare earths" sounds a
> little old-fashioned? I think it should be divided into "lanthanides" and
> "actinides". Well, this is just a question of names :)

Well, not for KDE 3.5. After that I am open for everything.

Thanks again!

 Carsten