[k3b] Problems with getting a patch applied

Chris Smart u3227509 at anu.edu.au
Sun May 23 01:07:03 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 3:59 AM, Jason Bouzane <jabouzane at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello k3b developers,
> I've got a patch that fixes bug 182595. The patch is attached to the bug, which I've been pinging for the last month. Unfortunately, it seems it's being ignored, so I was hoping someone could take a look at it and apply the patch.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your post. I'm not a K3b dev, but I thought I might take a
look anyway. In the bug report, Sebastian did reply saying that it did
not crash for him with a build from SVN trunk, which you then do not
appear to have addressed. Maybe that's why it remains closed..

Anyway, I tested it myself to see. I took the test file from the bug
report as well as another AAC created with ffmpeg from a FLAC file and
then tried to burn an Audio CD as per your instructions. I can report
that against the new 1.92 release (which is the same as trunk atm),
the burn *FAILED* as you describe. K3b sits at the "burning CD" screen
at 0% forever without ever doing anything other than incrementing the
timer.

In console, I get the following error (with the ACC from FLAC file
it's repeated tens of thousands of times):
[aac @ 0x308b6e0]buffer smaller than AVCODEC_MAX_AUDIO_FRAME_SIZE

So it does not appear to work for me either. I note that your K3b
FFMpeg Decoder is 0.91, but I have version 4.0.

I tried the same with your patch but was unable to get it to _build_
cleanly against the 1.91.0 tarball, nor against check out of tagged
1.91.0 in SVN.

Also, your patch does not apply to trunk cleanly due to some code
changes (one chunk fails). Perhaps you could check out from trunk,
re-create your patch and update the bug report? I also noticed that
your patch wants to apply to some strange directory layout, it would
be nicer if it applied directly to the source code in k3b/src/ rather
than something like k3b_orig_src/k3b-1.91.0~rc2 - not a major drama as
it's just one file, but it just makes it easier to apply ;-)

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Chris