[k3b] K3b official?

Michał Małek michalm at jabster.pl
Wed Jun 2 06:48:14 UTC 2010

2010/6/2 Chris Smart <u3227509 at anu.edu.au>:
> Hi all, just a thought about K3b and the future. KDE SC 4.4.4 is out
> with 4.4.5 coming next month and the bigger 4.5 in August. Hopefully
> K3b 2.0 will be done for this release as it would help to make that
> KDE release super complete (when people bundle them together).
>
> This got me thinking - currently K3b is not an official part of the
> KDE Software Compilation distribution (it's still in extragear). Would
> it be worthwhile if it became an official part of the distribution?
> Might this attract more development, or at the least raise the profile
> of K3b?
I don't think moving to SC would gain us new developers. All KDE
contributors already have access to K3b repository so it wouldn't
change anything. What might attract new developers is Git. I hope we
will move to it (with all KDE repository) soon.

> Anyway, maybe it's not possible or worthwhile, but it's just a thought :-)
Any input is welcomed :)

--
Best regards,
Michał Małek