Gwenview fails to compile with Qt5 libkipi

Christoph Feck cfeck at kde.org
Sun Oct 25 00:06:28 UTC 2015

Hi,

trying to compile today's gwenview/master with libkipi/master, I got
this error. I don't know if it's planned to release the Qt5 version of
libkipi with KDE Applications 15.12, but if it is, we need to have a
working and stable API.

Christoph Feck
KDE Quality Team

Building CXX object app/CMakeFiles/gwenview.dir/mainwindow.cpp.o
/local/git/KDE/graphics/gwenview/app/mainwindow.cpp: In constructor
'Gwenview::MainWindow::MainWindow()':
/local/git/KDE/graphics/gwenview/app/mainwindow.cpp:793:47: error:
cannot allocate an object of abstract type 'Gwenview::KIPIInterface'
     d->mKIPIInterface = new KIPIInterface(this);
                                               ^
In file included from
/local/git/KDE/graphics/gwenview/app/mainwindow.cpp:67:0:
/local/git/KDE/graphics/gwenview/app/kipiinterface.h:39:7: note:
because the following virtual functions are pure within
'Gwenview::KIPIInterface':
 class KIPIInterface : public KIPI::Interface
       ^
make[2]: *** [app/CMakeFiles/gwenview.dir/mainwindow.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: Target `app/CMakeFiles/gwenview.dir/build' not remade because
of errors.
make[1]: *** [app/CMakeFiles/gwenview.dir/all] Error 2