New GDL Parser merged

Arjen Hiemstra djfreestyler at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 20:36:33 UTC 2011

> Do you have time for this script run, or shall we help ? The GCI
> student needs to make screenshots. I am not sure he needs to make
> screenshots about the Invaders game since there are already a few
> done, but just in case to not make any obstacles for his work, if he
> would like to do for some reason or another.

All installed games have already been converted and work, except for
Apocalypse which needs lists to be fixed. So as far as I can see, this is not
an issue for the GCI tasks.

If you want to convert stuff yourself, what you need to do is the following:

- Replace the object name bits with ("$name") instead of just ($name)
- Replace all references with $type("$path") instead of $type($path)
- Replace all strings with string("$string") instead of string($string)
- Replace all urls with url("$url") instead of url($url)
- For materials, the only place where multiline strings were actively used
iirc, remove the <<< and <<< at the start and end of the value. Newlines are
now automatically included in a string value.

- Arjen