[Gcompris-france] New LightsOff activity.

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Wed Feb 24 22:34:20 UTC 2010

Hi,

I worked with my son on a new activity called Lights Off. This web side
gives you the ability to play it in Javascript and provides a solver:
http://www.haar.clara.co.uk/Lights/JS/lout.html
http://www.haar.clara.co.uk/Lights/solving.html

We implemented the game with predefined levels and a solver. The solver
can be kept activated while playing. In order to make the game easier,
the sun in the background and the sky color depends on the number of
click left to reach the solution.

Attached is a screenshot to give an idea of what it looks like in
GCompris.

I have no idea if this has an educational value or how a teacher could
use this in a classroom.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net  Free educational software for kids