Re: Replacing the animal photos in the ‘erase’ activities

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 16:58:10 GMT 2022

Using webp images would surely help :)
Even using it with some level of lossy compression would probably be
acceptable.

But first thing before moving to it, is to make sure we can package it
and make it work fine for all our supported platforms.

@Johnny: when you have some time, can you setup a test branch with
what's needed in cmake to get webp support packaged, along with a few
images converted to it ?
Then I'll try to make test packages for all platforms. And if all works
good, I'll do further encoding tests to decide which options to use.

@Karl: once we get positive test results with webp, I'll let you know
and you'll be welcome to update those photos :)

Side note: it's a bit late for next week's 2.2 release, but if all works
good it could be a nice feature to include later in 2.3.

Cheers,
Timothée