Traduction in Occitan

Pierre pierre-gcompris at bientot.lu
Mon May 17 09:48:13 BST 2021

Hello,

The OC team of KDE seems inactive for years (no mail available, website
down, github page inactive since 2017), so I contact you (sorry,
contacting the main KDE team seems scary).

I recently helped an occitan teacher to translate GCompris (she teach in
a kindergarden this year, in a bilingual school) and I would like to
know the preferred way of doing this.

I am just the guy helping her with the technical part, for example I
transformed the french .po file in a csv so it is more easy for her to
work on it.

For now, as a test, only ~80 lines are translated (mostly simple cases,
with 2 plurals)

The full KDE way of handling translation is quite scary, can I just send
you the translated .po file ?

Do you prefer a file quite empty or should I keep the french lines where
the occitan is not present ?

Joined to this email, a translated file, with empty lines for not
translated parts, all made with a small script of mine, so I am not 100%
sure that the file is correct.

For attribution purpose, the translator is Emilie Mazel
<emilie.regenta at gmail.com>

If I must go tho KDE way of translating files, I will, but if there is a
way to avoid it, it will be a lot easier for us.

Thanks a lot

Pierre Gros