Inquiry about GSoC2020

Emmanuel Charruau echarruau at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 15:13:39 GMT 2020

Hi,
Welcome to GCompris!

The first step we ask, to be able to participate to GSoc, is to
achieve a small setup exercice, being able to compile GCompris.
https://gcompris.net/wiki/An_exercise_for_new_contributors

We also have a page for newcomers who want to apply for GSoC:
https://gcompris.net/wiki/GSOC_newcomers

The following page will describe step by step how to setup and compile GCompris
https://gcompris.net/wiki/Qt_Quick_development_process

Then you have to do a proposal. It needs to be done with a realistic
timeline and then we can
discuss on it and then you can submit it.
Note that this year, the focus is more on adding dataset
(https://community.kde.org/GSoC/2020/Ideas#GCompris) than new
activities.

Don't hesitate to join our irc on freenode #gcompris

Emmanuel